Training Widget

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Two days away from race day and I can't wait! There is just so much wonderful energy hovering around the start line, just waiting to be snatched up! Saturday morning I will wake up really early, eat my breakfast, get dressed and head into DC for my half marathon. I've had a couple of rough weeks with my eating and my digestive system. Although I've been eating well and avoiding wheat, I haven't felt well. I'm not really sure what is going on. It seems like there is more bothering me than just wheat. In an effort to get things feeling better, I decided to try eating only fresh foods, nothing boxed or canned. That seemed to help, and I went to bed feeling great...no bloated stomach aches. Here's what I ate that day...
Breakfast:
blueberries
Strawberries

Lunch:
Low sodium organic butternut squash soup
Low sodium organic tomato soup
brown rice

Dinner:
Chicken Breast
Jasmine Rice
Asparagus
Cherry Tomatoes

Snacks:
Carrots
Organic Creamy Peanut Butter
String Cheese
Raw Almonds


Simple enough! The snacks fit in right between breakfast and lunch and lunch and dinner. It was a great day! My body felt strong and happy during my Taikwando class at 1 and also during my ab workout in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment